So, I decided to put this up because so many people said that Rhoda looked like Kit. I am here to prove that she looks like me when I was born (with some Kit characteristics). I also kind of look like my dad although I have a hairier face, glasses, and a surlier gaze.
'
'
I'm really glad I have this picture of my dad holding me as a child. It makes me very grateful for his love of me and his being there for me in my early years. We had a rough go of it when I was a teenager and most of that wasn't my fault (surprisingly), but he has been a great influence for good in my life since. Even after I got back from my mission and told him off for always making me go on hikes, I still loved him and was grateful for him. I was very grateful that he put up with me and loved me in a way I didn't understand before. But now, looking at Rhoda, I understand something of the love my dad has for me and it is very different from anything I would have expected. It is the kind of love that can't be taken away from you and that you can never forget; the most powerful bond that can be forged (except for marriage). Of course, marriage is a different kind of love and bond, which, honestly, I don't have the time to explain (if it could be explained).
2 comments:
I think it is great that you put those two pictures of you and yer Pop and sweet baby and YOU! What a cool thing to do.
I like your blog and find it real interesting. We sure are proud of you and please send the message that big brother wants to talk to Kristin. Hey... is Kit mean Kristin??? From, Sara
test
Post a Comment