Friday, August 29, 2008

Blessed Baby

We blessed Rhoda on a beautiful Sunday afternoon in a park in Orem. To be honest, it was amazing. We were surounded by family and close friends all celebrating sweet Rhoda and the happy life that is ahead of her. I'm so glad we could do it like we did. We were planning on dressing the girl in a beautiful, white blessing dress that had been her mother's but unfortunetly it was the one thing we forgot to bring. Instesd she ended up wearing a little yellow sundress that was a hand-me-down from cousin Clara (which she wore sans undershirt because of the heat) even so she looked absolutly angelic and was adored by all.
It was such a blessing to have each of these men in her prieshood circle. Their love and spirituality was truly felt. (Left to Right: uncle-types Ontario and Ben, Uncles Charles and James, Daddy and Rho, Grandpa Anderson, uncle Alex, Grandpa Jep, and uncle-type Phil)Kit's childhood friend Jamie brought a future friend for Rho, Jackson, still in the oven. After the blessing, we had a nice potluck lunch and socialized for a while.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I made your blog! Sad that we don't have a pic together. I took a pic of JAckson in the cute sweet pea jammies you gave us. On our blog it is the pic of me reading to JAckson. I love it by the way, thank you!
love you

Sharon said...

Yay Yay Yay! I love the pics and updates! I keep meaning to send those blessing pictures to you. I have a ton. If I don't send them in the next couple of days, please remind me!!