Thursday, July 21, 2011

Remember us?

My plan was to not bring any projects along when we came to Reedsport this summer. I would just bring my laptop so I wouldn’t be distracted and I could get some blog posts done. I handily forgot that the majority of my distractions are of course right here on the computer. (And upstairs asleep—but the dad vetoed leaving those ones behind.) However, seeing the kin in Utah and Idaho last week did remind me of how negligent I have been with the blog. So I will try to at least get a few posts up before I hurry back to all that sewing and painting I am always doing (yea right).

Reedsport is unbelievably beautiful and just as chilly and rainy as I expected. Hopefully there will be pictures soon. Until then why don’t I just start things off by asking a favor. I have wanted to get a good family picture printed up since Lindy was born, but I can never seem to get all four of us on the same side of the camera. When we have had a chance—well, remember Christmas, of course you do, that was the last time I posted.

So, when we were at the farm for our family reunion I asked Emily to snap a picture of us up on the hill. It isn’t exactly what I wanted since we are grubby from a day and a half of camping, dressed to play, and Rhoda was having a fit to get down and play with cousins. But, in some ways it is better because it shows us in my favorite place on earth, on a perfect day that I want to remember. And since we surely won’t have another chance for a while, I think I will have one of these printed for the house.

So, dear readers, (does anyone still check this blog? If so, I truly am sorry.) can you help me pick witch one to chose? Or perhaps one of you will want to volunteer to come to Klamath and teach me how to Photoshop everyone’s best face into the same picture. That would be great!

I know I look a bit dorky but the one below is my favorite of Lindy and I. The wildflowers were so breathtaking this year. We a so blessed. The light in these last two is beautiful but I don't like the standing pose as much because I think it shows more how grubby we are. Thank you Em!

8 comments:

Jamie said...

yes!! I am definitely waiting with baited breath for your posts! I think your girls are so cute! Love your hair! Did you know I had a girl?

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

I think I like the second picture best. But they are all great! What a pretty place to take a family picture!

Melissa@thebblog said...

I like that last one because you are all smiling and looking forward. I figure you could crop it in a bit closer if you want to cut out some of the "grubby" as you say. Yes, some people still check your blog :)

Sharon said...

Love the pics! :)

Janet said...

How lovely to have some new pics from you my dear ones. All of you look marvelous and what a pretty setting. Wish I could be there with you. Dawn/Mom

Melody said...

Hey! how did I miss this post? I like the first picture the best. what a beautiful place. I need to call you.
Where should Paul and I move? Where are you going to be in 2 years?

James said...

I like the first and last best. I can try to photoshop them if you want, just email the ones you want to use. Miss you guys! We loved our farm time with you!

Emily M said...

Ok, I always do that. That was Em, of course.