
Since Rhoda has been moving around so much lately, her daddy has been having lots of fun with her. He talks to her and sings to her at least once a day and she LOVES to hear his deep voice. Her favorite thing is when he sayes "rumbly bumbly" realy deeply. She also loves his songs, of which he is developing quite a repretoire. She wakes up for him and kicks and even moves around so that what I assume is her head is right under where he is talking. Lately, since she has been getting bigger, she ends up pushing against his face so hard that his facial hair really starts to jab me, even when he isn't too scruffy. He loves her reactions and is such a pushover that he will keep singing and talking until she snuggles down next to him and goes back to sleep (making me very lopsided). It really is funny how much she responds to him.
I was teaching a lesson in young womens a few weeks ago about becoming friends with Christ and I kept thinking about this as I was preparing. I had been thinking a lot about how limited Rhodie's world is right now and how many changes there will be when she is born. Right now my uterus is all she knows. She has never seen her dad or even been taught about him. She has no concept of what he can do or even the extent of their relationship. Yet, she knows him and loves him. She hears his voice (even distorted as it must be by her environment) and responds to it. She can be both excited and comforted by him and wants to be close to him. I am sure that when she finally meets him they will already share a strong bond. I think this is the kind of friendship I am trying to develop with Christ. I don't need to understand how or why he works or to see him to know he is real and in my life. I just have to listen for him, trust him, and love him. By doing this I will actually start to have an understanding of his character and his infinite love for me.
I am so gratefll for Basil and that his example to Rhodie is such a christ-like one. I hope she will always feel how much we love her and that this will help her have a better understanding of how much her heavenly parents and older brother Jesus love her and look after her.
(sorry for the impromptu testemony meeting- that may have been a bit intence for the blog)
3 comments:
This is the sweetest thing I have ever read. Thank you for sharing. And I love the picture!!
That was a really special insight. And so true! I love you!
OK, you know that was me. :)
Post a Comment