Thursday, January 24, 2008

Making a Nest

We had to rely on inspiration quite a bit when putting Roy's crib together. (Roy is my new nickname for the babe. It is a contraction of Row+ie. Basil has tried to veto it but it is so much fun to say.) Anyway, we really could have used a urim and thummim with those crib instructions, despite what those braggy user reviews may have said about how fast and easy it came together. We did eventually get it, though, and made sure it is safe and comfy. The crib is from Target and has an attached changing table with three drawers and shelves. It isn't my dream crib but I am falling more and more in love with it all the time and I hope it will last through several babies. After rearranging the room a bit, the next job was to unload and sort all Rhodie's clothes. 0- 3 months, that is about 90 days right? Well, Eva Peron has got nothing on this girl! She isn't even going to have to look at the same outfit twice. I did sew her 3 pair of pants and apliqued 3 t-shirts for her, but I am so glad I refrained from shopping. Everyone has been so generous at showers and my sisters blessed me with some long coveted hand-me-downs. Then the 3 boxes I couldn't fit in my Christmas luggage arrived with hand-me-downs from cousin Adele. Amy said that when you have a girl, pink clouds form above your house and rain darling little clothes on you. We are so grateful for this downpour and will have so much fun playing dress up. Well, maybe if I can ever force myself to cover up her sweetness with anything more than a diaper.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

LOL! Love it! Good work, Baskin.