Friday, March 21, 2008

2 weeks and not much fussin'

So, time for an update. I'm sorry I'm not an everyday blogger, but I get a little busy with school, baby, and other life to-do's. So Baby Rhoda is now 2 weeks old and she isn't much of a fusser. This morning (her two week anniversary) she was a little fussy when she wanted to go play and mommy and daddy still wanted to sleep, but that is about it. She has been playing with mommy, daddy, and Grammy Jeppesen who was out for a visit (Kit will blog about this visit). She sleeps a lot, cries a little, listens intently to music with daddy and loves baths . I figure it must remind her of the uterus (can you say uterus in a blog? oh well). ' The picture below is of Rhoda and daddy watching a movie together. She seemed to enjoy the sounds and possibly the bright, moving lights (although the ceiling seemed to be just as entertaining at times). I may be reading too much into her behavior. She may only be seeing fuzzy bright lights at this point. Rhoda had two pediatric visits and she is doing well (other than a diaper rash, if you have any helpful suggestions please let us know). The doctors have been very impressed with her color and weight. She surpassed her birthweight this last week and was 7 lbs 10 ounces on her last visit. During her first visit, the doctor was raving about how well she was doing and had to go tell the staff that they finally had a healthy baby who wasn't jaundiced and was nursing well. Apparently, they had had a string of unhealthy babies during the winter. ' At the end of our last visit, the doctor told us that Rhoda was in the 50th percentile for height, weight, and head circumference, which gave Rhoda pause for thought. Although Rhoda was concerned, her parents were delighted to have their healthy little baby growing and happy.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Basil and Kristen: You two are totally smart and intelligent, but please look into the 2 month old immunizations before you get them. When Katheryn (5)was born she got 3 immunzation shots. Rachel got 5! Katheryn, Jerry and Rachel have a highly respected peditrician from SLC who knows me and understands my fears of immunizations. She never pushes me. Katheryn and Jerry got there shots on the schedule I felt was right for them and our family and not what the health care system says it should be as we are all different and made by God totally unique. Please be ware of the immunizations. I believe they are needed but too much when baby is so tiny is scary.

Dawn said...

Lovely, lovely. Thanks for posting. I want to know all the details.

Sharon said...

Thanks for the new post! In response to the diaper rash: baths, baths and more baths! And extra Aquaphor. I'm telling you, that stuff is a miracle. But when Katie has a rash, she practically lives in the tub. You will be amazed at how much it helps. (And try to use as few wipes as possible, even the sensitive ones can make the rash worse.)

Good luck! I'm off to work on her birth announcement!

Emily M said...

Yeah, diaper rashes.... I love the creamy Desitin for newborn bottoms. When they get a bit older, there are more varieties of diaper rashes, so I put on a little glob of all the different creams at once and that usually takes care of it quickly: Desitin, A&D, a little hydrocortisone, and anti-fungal. I think that this is basically the idea behind the stuff called "Butt-paste." Just slather on the creams, and it should go away. Will had a bad one during his first few weeks, too. It is sad. And while I'm on the advice kick... :) If you guys don't have Dr. Sears' "The Baby Book," it is a must have. So much good advice on everything you wonder and stress about. Let me know, and I will get it for you, if you don't have it. Love it.

Brittons of Provo said...

I totally agree with Emily about the Dr. Sears Baby Book. Anything by him is awesome, and a very easy read.

Brittons of Provo said...

Also, Rhoda is just BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations, I am beyond happy for you guys! I am really glad Amelia told me where to find pics, cause I couldn't remember the name of your blog. Tari and I are going to get one soon hopefully, so we can exchange cousin pics. Love you!