Sunday, March 23, 2008

Grammy, We Love You!

Last week we had a visit from Grammy Jeppesen. It was completely wonderful for Rhodie to get to spend her first week with her gram, not to mention an absolute life saver for Rho's mom and dad. Gramy is such a workhorse and immediately got started doing dishs, cleaning the kitchen, cooking all our favorite recipes, and miraculously fixing my sewing machine which she then used to sew me skirts and a bag. Basil said he finally understands why I feel guilty if I'm not being productive. My mom is such a hard worker. She gave me lots of pointers on how I can get my housework done efficiently and spend more time with baby. She was actually worried that she couldn't teach me more while she was here; I told her that she doesn't have to. She has been teaching me my whole life how to be a wonderful mother and shown me how mothering can become the greatest joy in my life. Mom isn't all work and no play though and we also had a lot of fun while she was here. At the begining of the week I was on a total endorphin rush to finally have my baby and my mom here and persuaded Basil and Mom to have a quick trip out to Historic Kirtland. (No one panic, besides the pediatrician this has been Rhodie's only outing and though it was a great sucess we are now planning on staying homebodies for at least another month.) It was a wonderful trip, we took the scenic way there, had nursing and diaper time during the 20 min movie, and had a zonked out baby while we toured the Whitney home and store. Our guides made sure noboby go tired out and we ended the tour early to get home for Rhodie's next snack. We didn't feel rushed though and we were all able to feel the spirit and marvel that we were standing where the prophet Joseph Smith once stood and where the Lord revealed so many wonderful doctrines. Later in the week when birthing and new motherhood had caught up with me we had a great relaxing time. Mom let B and I get a lot of sleep and we read and sewed and thouroghly loved up this baby girl. I am so grateful for this visit and for my inspiring mom. I feel so blessed to have had such an incredible mom and that Rhoda can have a Grammy -almost- as perfect as mine. ( Mom and I used to argue whether her Grammy Rhodie or my Grammy Joyce were the worlds best Gramma. I have a feeling I may have to continue this debate with my Rhodie about her Grammy.) Before she left, mom helped me tie and bind this quilt that has been in the works since I got my sewing machine. Thank you mom, we love you!

3 comments:

James said...

Yay for Aunt Jeanne! I'm glad you guys got so spoiled. Rhodie is looking so cute-- it must be all that good milk.

Greg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
storyteller said...

Congrats! Rodie is adorable! I love the shot of her in the yellow dress. I am sure she is stylin in all the little onsie works of art you made at Melody's. That was so fun meeting you. I still have yards of felt that I bought because of you, just waiting for some motivation.