For us, the snow and missing staff were no big deal. It just meant more time for us with our girl. We got a lot of sleep in and some play. Below you can see a few pics of us sleeping.
The day of our depature was a little frustrating thanks to the snow. We were scheduled to be discharged from the hospital at noon on March 9th, two days after Rhoda's birth. Unfortunately, because of short staffing, the Rogam shot (For mother's with Rh problems) that Kit was supposed to receive was delayed until 5 pm. We called our neighbors before noon to let them know that we should be getting out around then and they offered to drive over and pick us up. Of course, we were delighted and thanked them profusely. Then, our downstairs neighbor, Jessie, explained that it was going to take a while because there was a ton of snow to be shoveled. She, her husband, and parents (who luckily were in town) set about shoveling a way for the cars to get in and out. Just to give you an idea of what a monumental task this was I'm attaching a picture taken two days after the shoveling (meaning that quite a bit of the snow had already melted). I think the picture still has the desired effect of showing you how amazing our downstairs neighbors are.
That snow bank really is about 3/4ths the height of our car. Amazing! At about 5:30 pm, we were finally headed for home (Jessie and her father came to pick us up). In the car, Jessie mentioned that her husband Joe's birthday was the same as Rhodie's. It is also one day after Kristen's brothers birthday. On the way out of the hospital I managed to snag a picture of Kit and Rhoda in a wheelchair just before we got them into the 4runner.
After we got home, I was pretty exhausted, but I had had some songs running through my head all weekend that I thought of when I saw Rhoda. I know these songs will sound a little strange, but they were stuck in my head and made me think of her: One of Us is Gonna Die Young by the Ark (which I changed to One of Us Has Got a Cute Bum), Disenchanted by My Chemical Romance, and Are You Gonna Be My Girl by Jet (Which I changed to are you gonna be my baby girl). I sat down with a sleeping Rhoda, Put on my headphones, and blasted the tunes.
Since I think my baby girl is absolutely darling, I decided to include another video for no apparent reason. Enjoy!
5 comments:
I LOVE the updated blogs every day! Thanks so much for the pictures! Keep them coming!! We all love to look at them!
I cannot believe the snow! What a neat story to tell Rhoda, though!
I can't believe how much she looks just like you Kristen! So adorable!
BAsil, you are such a cute dad.
I can't believe that snow! Wow, what a story!
Rhoda Dawn has become one of my most favorite names.
Yes, thanks for all the pictures and updates. I am so glad that your mom's there to help now and offer all of her endless wisdom! Moms are good that way. We love you!
I LOVE HER NOSE!
Aunt Dlora said to tell you thank you for including all the medical details. It's what she is always curious about and people skip over reporting on. I was thrilled with the snow report and Kristin walking to the hospital myself. Proof of pioneer heritage and the sort of stamina that got you through the first day in
Tahiti.
Post a Comment