Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Aanderud's Rock. Or I-Rock in Rock City.

The week after my mom left, things continued in a pretty regular pattern. Kit was taking care of the baby and trying to go for walks. I was going to work and then off to run errands. The real excitement came that weekend when the Aanderud clan came to stay for a few days. Eirik, who is definitely the smartest two year old I have ever met, loved playing in our house, looking at baby Rhoda, and talking constantly. He is such a good boy! I hope that Rhoda and any of our future children are that great at age 2.

During their stay, Rock Band became an instant classic with everyone taking turns at different instruments. Eirik most often played the drums or sang (although singing right now consists of looking at the screen and holding the microphone). Melody busted out the melodies. Paul rocked out on the drums or guitar. And I, as usually, riffed like mad on the guitar although I did end up singing and playing the drums as needed. Kit crooned with Eirik, but wasn't as interested in the other instruments as the rest of us were.

The Aanderuds arrived on Friday and that Saturday we were off to the natural history museum. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't as nice as the weekend before so walking to the meseum wasn't as fun. The babies' got all bundled up in their car seats and strollers. Rhodie and Joren are already thick as thieves.

The natural history museum was wonderful (except for the entrance fee). Eirik (who as I mentioned before is the smartest 2 year-old ever) named more animals and dinosaurs than I could. He even identified the magical and mysterious Leopleurodon. I have always been a huge fan of natural history museums, especially the one in Chicago. I must admit, Cleveland's isn't as good, but for a 10 minute walk you can't get better. I always learn something new every time I go and all of the ancient life is so intriguing.

Rhoda seemed very sleepy during the Aanderud's visit and the natural history museum wasn't any different. She slept the whole time with a brief pause to eat. I can't wait until she is interested in museums and such. I personally believe that Rhoda was overwhelmed and that is why she slept. Kit and I try to make noise around the house, but it is nothing compared to Eirik and 4 adults (especially Eirik).

Monday, after the Aanderuds left, Rhoda was awake for almost 12 hours straight so she did make up for all that snoozing. It makes me wish that we had a toddler around so that she would get used to the noise level, but, oh well. Sleeping isn't a bad defense mechanism for a 5 week old (much easier for us to deal with than crying).

After the natural history museum, Paul and I got to have some guy time. We got fast food (something I almost never see anymore) and went to Best Buy to look at videogames. It was great having them out here and just writing this makes me miss them a ton. I can't wait to go see them and hope they had as much fun as we did.

2 comments:

Emily M said...

Looks like a great time was had by all. James thinks Paul looks different in every picture we've seen of him. :) And I am so flattered to see such a cutie-girl wrapped up in a little piece of my love. Glad the visits have gone well, and hope you are settling into a comfortable routine. Love you all!

Sharon said...

Fun fun! Thanks for the pics and updates!