Saturday, April 19, 2008

So much cute, so little time

As basil said, we have been having some pretty perfect days around here; it is neat how wonderful crying, sleeping, and pooping can be when they are done by such a delightful, tiny person. We have also really been loving all the help and company we have had. It is so incredible to introduce our girl to all her loving family (the Aanderuds are definately family too). I loved having two of my aunts visit. We talked a lot about family and I am so grateful to be joining in the tradition of amazing Nelson Mothers. (I also figured out where my picking compulsion comes from- even great grandma Rhoda did it. And my Rho has started already, much to her father's chagrin.) Aunt Andrea was able to break away from law schoool and come to dinner while my mom was here. It was wonderfull and we realy can't wait to get down south to see the rest of the Ohio kin.Aunt Shanny came from California with her two teenaged boys for spring break. They brought another cousin, Robbie, with them and spent the weekend. It was really fun to have them here (especially for Basil, who was definitely ready for some videogame'n buddies in his now pink filled life). We are both really close to this family (Shanon is more like a sister than an aunt) and it always makes me so happy to see what helpful, funny, mature, and charitable men Adam, Josh, and Rob are becoming. It was especially neat to see how tender and sweet they were with Rhoda. Rhodie is doing some pretty impressive growing herself. She has been working very hard on getting longer and chubbier every day. She is also focusing better and giving us big beautiful smiles. She has very busy fingers that she uses to grip our shirts or hands (and occasionally to pick). The other day during a diaper change, while I was focusing on the south end, she managed to stick her tiny finger into the end of the desitin tube and then give herself a nice desitin moustache and nose smear.
I took these pictures on her 1 month birthday and love how tiny she looks on our big couch. We had our three days of spring last week (Cleveland likes to switch straight from the dead of winter to full summer about this time of year). Rhoda and I took the opportunity to walk to the bakery and then to Basil's office to have a picnic. Basil loved showing her off around the office, where she was suitably admired. Rhodie also got to experience grass (and sun) for the first time which she really seemed to enjoy. (I am still amazed that the grass can be so green here as soon as the snow melts.)
I also wanted to show off these cuties, Rho's cousins Katie and Adele. I can't wait to get all these girls together! My cousins have alwase been some of my best friends and I'm so glad Rho has cousins on both sides of her family to love and play with. Last, I can't help but show off the personalized painting Mel did for our little chickie bird. We had some trauma with the mail getting it here but now it is up and so perfect! Mel is a wonderful artist and has an Etsy shop where she sells personalized kids paintings as well as her other gor-ge-ous work. We feel so very lucky to have our very own Aanderud original. Thanks, aunt Mel!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

The name sign is GORGEOUS! What a talented friend you have! I love the pics of Rhoda on the couch and also in the darling green dress. (I'm so glad to see her in the dress, because Katie and Adele have both worn it!) Too cute! More pictures please!

Dawn said...

I didn't realize that green dress was the same one Katie and Adele both wore. The Anderson hand-me-down tradition lives on.