Friday, June 27, 2008
onesie felt fun
(by kit)
I always get so inspired when I visit Mel. She is like this incredible creative force and I had a burst of creativity, myself, after visiting her last May. She let me have a piece of this beautiful lily fabric to make a pretty little hula skirt for the Rhodie girl. Then I made this little shirt with a lei to go with it.
Mel also helped me die some onesies while I was there. (I never would have tried this on my own.) I am so glad with the results. I used two to make gifts for some new little friends who are on the way, a little birdwatcher (who will get some flowers on her branch if she turns out to be a she) and a friendly little mosquito.
I used the last one for a little sunburst for the Rho. Like most things I make I think I will like it better when I haven’t looked at for a while. Unfortunately, this sweet little weed will probably be out of it by then.
My favorite, and of course the most frustrating to sew is this little red number. My sewing machine went caput part way through so it doesn’t look like there will be anymore of these coming any time soon but there will be some new hand- me - downs from Addle and doubtless NO shortage of cuteness from our little doll.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow so cute! And you totally flatter me about the creativity because you do the same for me.
I can't wait to see the little Lily outfit on Rhoda! Great work. Hope your sewing machine is ok. I will pray for it.
Hey, there's my onesie!! Jackson looks super cute in green so we love to put that one on him.
Post a Comment