Sunday, May 3, 2009

Finally, the Zoo!

OK, OK, so perhaps these pix from the San Diego trip (in March) aren't exactly prompt but I am putting them up anyway because I already had them uploaded and I am hoping that now I will be able to make more frequent updates from Peru. That's right, in a mere eight hours we will be setting out on our great family adventure, a month living, working and exploring in the beautiful Andes, but more on that later. For now here are the last of the pictures from our San Diego adventure. These are from our day at the zoo. It was so fun! I was so glad we could do this with our Anderson family. The petting zoo was an instant hit although Rhoda was vastly more interested in seeing the animals than touching them. These two little bugs had so much fun exploring together. They would get so much more excited about things when they would see that the other one was excited.Here are James and Katie watching the walrus show. Isn't that the most angelic face? Rhoda didn't mind getting up close and personal with this orangutan. She really identifies with those who love to climb, swing, and chew on sticks as much as she does.Remember the family photo ops from the last post? Here is another attempt. We will never give up, although even the gorilla statue seemed to find this attempt frustrating.Finally, we realized that the key is to get the girls looking at real monkeys rather than us acting like monkeys.Rhoda loved the baby gorilla on the mommy's back. What can I say, she's a momma's girl.
See, she knows how it's done. Not even the koalas can ride in more style.We did try to learn a few things from the giraffes. (At the Cleveland zoo Rho likes them best because they often stick their long tongues out at her.)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

My favorite pictures are of you and Rhoda in this set. You are both so photogenic! That is a great shot of sweet Katie too with her Dad. Fond zoo memories . . . it was such fun! Mom/Dawn