Below you can see part of the beautiful gardens of balboa park. The flowers and cactuses were amazing. it had been far too long since I had been in the West. What can I say, I miss the beautiful desert flowers, not to mention the stunning desert ladies.

Throughout the family's stay on Coronado, multiple attempts were made to get the cousins together for a photo. Unfortunately, the girls are all at an age where holding still is worse than torture. Here is an attempt with all the adults looking at the camera and all the kids wondering what they are sitting on.

It was so fun to see all big guys taking such tender care of all the little girls. They were all totally smitten with each other. Here is Katie taking Gramps for a walk and Uncle Chuck looking after Rhoda

Balboa park is full of museums; at the auto museum Rhoda wasted no time getting on the motorcycle but had to climb down when she realized she forgot her biker shades.

Katie decided to show Rhoda how it was done. Next thing we knew, Katie was in Canada.

The science center was one of the best I have ever been to, especially with the girls. Rhoda and Charles had a blast being mad scientists.

While at Balboa park, the family found this giant mosaic lizard that the kids loved. And we decided this would be a great time to do another Cousins photo shoot. Again, no joy, but it is getting closer.

The girls loved the texture and sparkle of the beads. Rhoda probably would have taken the croc home if she could have.

The Japanese garden was especially beautiful. The cherry blossoms were blooming and the girls loved watching the koi.

As you can see Uncle Chuck is a bonsai master. He grew that tree just with the power of his mind.

The architecture at the park rivals the beauty of the gardens. Many of the buildings were originally built to be temporary for the world's fair but were so popular they were rebuilt as permanent structures. This is the conservatory which unfortunately we didn't have time to visit.

The art museum was as beautiful as some of the art it held and you know I can't resist an art museum.

My sister Amelia and I used to take a picture of ourselves in front of paintings of sisters whenever we visited and art museum. I think I may see that same tradition developing with Rhoda and I. Unfortunately with the museum no flash rule we usually end up looking pretty haggard and blurry but at least the art looks good. I love the tenderness of this painting.

I really fell in love with Modigliani on this trip. The colors in this painting were incredible. Rhoda is, as ever, a beautiful example of art in motion. So there you have it.

And thus ends our adventure in Balboa park. I hope you liked it.
2 comments:
Thank you, thank you for posting more pictures! I love them! Now lets see some updated pics of Rhoda! Love you guys!
These are great and your here's-what-they-are-thinking commentary adds a lot. I especially like the note about the adults all looking at the camera and the kids all wondering what they are sitting on. Katie's motorcycle trip to Canada is appropriate, given her flying pose, and Charles does look like he is saying ta-da see what I just grew! I'm glad you got a close-up of the alligator beads! Thanks for posting these. The grandparents loved them!
Post a Comment