Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Our Christmas
This was our first Christmas in our own home and it was one of our best. We were so blessed to ease in to this new tradition by having Mom and Dad Jeppesen stay with us and continue all our old favorite traditions. Our visit was wonderful. We sewed, baked, worked on Basil's fish tank, talked about mom and dad's travels, played with the girls, and generally enjoyed each others company.
Our Rhoda may be on the nice list but she was still tempted by Santa's cookies and milk.
This was our first year having our own tree and I convinced Basil to get a live one. I like sparse branched tree that Base calls a Charlie Brown tree. Ours was perfect. I absolutely loved getting out all of our special Christmas ornaments. I might post more on that later.
Here we are Christmas morning. Yes, that is my baby sitting up! That was her Christmas surprise for us.
She was also an unwrapping prodigy. She loved laying under the tree looking up at the lights and ornaments. We ended up rewrapping two or three gifts a day.
She gave some gifts too. Here she has one for Dad.... in her diaper.
For about the last six months I have been trying to get a good picture of all of us together as a family. Here is another failure, but I guess it shows us as we really are.
At least I have attractive parents. We love Gammy and Gramps!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I can't believe how big your baby is getting! Wow! our families are growing. Did you hear I had # 2? We named her Hallie. She is a doll! Let me know if you are ever in town. I'd love to catch up!
Those matching elf jammies are ADORABLE. Congraulations on this first Christmas in your new home!!
That family picture cracks me up! Baby is so cute! I have to see her soon.
I love your Christmas tree and stockings. It looks like such a fun Christmas. Rhoda in those socks is killing me. So cute!
Loved seeing your Christmas! I have a special b day card so please send me your address so I can get it to you in time!! Love Aunt Debbie
please end to debraholm@gmail.com
Post a Comment