Monday, December 13, 2010
Portland On My Mind
Well, in November we were in Portland for Basil's pediatric rotation and we absolutely fell in love with the city. That had quite a lot to do with the fact that we have some seriously lovable family there to share it with Janson, Lynn, Grace, and Mari made us feel right at home. Even though OHSU provided an apartment for us to stay in while we were there, their house was our real home away from home. We were there every day and we really miss them!
I had a fantastic time exploring the city with Lynn and getting all my Christmas shopping done. Basil's favorite thing was visiting the museum of science and industry. He would have been happy to spend everyday there but with both Janson and Basil's schedules it was a miracle we were all able to go once.
Another of our favorite things was eating at all the awesome restaurants. This is one of the major things we miss about living in the city.
We had Thanksgiving with the Holms, which was perfect. After our delicious dinner we went on a nature walk to get ourselves in the mood for pie.
Colombia river gorge was also a highlight. At the overlook we felt like we were in a wind tunnel, Rhodie loved it.
Rhoda still asks to go home to see Grace and Mari. We are so grateful for our time with them and for “new friends and new cousins” as Grace calls it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't know how I missed this post on reader. I see you put it up a while ago. I am so glad you love Portland since you will be moving there as our neigbors in a few years. :) wink wink.
Post a Comment