This post was supposed to go after the next one but the updated blogger is giving me trouble. Just read the other one first so I can let it go. (I have been fighting with blogger all night.)
I know this has already been picture heavy but here are the details From R’s party for anyone who wants them. (For those of you who Pinterest please don’t pin any of these pictures. As much as I love it, I don’t want anything from my blog up there. (I feel lame about implying anyone might want to but, better safe than sorry.)
The crest I created for Rho is at the top of the other post. I used it on the invitations and on the castle. I wanted to do more with is but didn't have time. It has a unicorn and a rhododendron flower.
The invites said something like this-
--and looked something like this- rolled up like scrolls. (That one is addressed to L because I wanted one we could keep.)
Cindy filled in as the princess and the pea so the pillows could be decoration as well as useful.
You can see they did a good job smooching though R was determined to go for the opposite wall.
L, helping me set up the armada with one of the treasure hunt clues. -- We love our green tub and pink bathroom!
And here is the fabled treasure. Necklaces for the girls and a sword for the guy, plus ring pops.
I love how festive the refreshment table turned out.The chandeliers were easy to make. I just taped crepe paper around two quilters embroidery hoops I had. Remember pink snowballs? Not many things can look so good and taste so bad! You can't really see them but the kids loved the plastic wine glasses from the dollar store.
I was so lucky our Sears saves their large appliance boxes and they were so so nice about it. I spray painted the whole thing then painted the details. I got the chain for the drawbridge for a couple bucks at the hardware store and we got to see the new bunnies while we were there. We already had the rest. Lots of fun for about six bucks.
I would love to add on to the castle in the future.
It is still up and I hung a light from where the dragon was. It is a pretty good fort for a couple of smalls.
Happy Birthday Rhoda!
2 comments:
Just a little note. Most of the ideas came from the internet so all I had to do was just put them together.
I was able to buy almost everything I needed at the dollar store. That place is unbelievable for parties!
AARGH! We SO wish we were closer! We miss you guys TONS!
Post a Comment