R turned 4 this month and all she wanted was princess, princess, princess.
I found lots of inspiration for cakes on line and used some of her favorite things and some of mine. She is crazy for sprinkles, just like her Great Grammy.
She loved it. Even if she did only eat the sprinkles and frosting. For the next two days she talked about her cake to everyone she met.
For all of you who predicted I would have a pink obsessed girl, here is your payoff.
I used her princess party as a bribe for about a month before her birthday. I felt justified since that is how long it took to make this tower, working on it a little every night.
(R had to have a sword for her princess pic. She is very into props.)
(R had to have a sword for her princess pic. She is very into props.)
I am happy to say I think the party lived up to the hype. It was a lot of fun!
The hospital gave this horse to B for the girls. It had been donated but they couldn't use it because it couldn't be sanitized.
B was a sport and acted as a harold, announcing the guests as they arrived. He has fond memories of playing monsters and such at his brothers' and sister's parties growing up so he is usually game and makes it really fun.
As guests were arriving we took each of their pictures in the tower and then just let them play with the props and decorations.
Our first game was The Royal Ball Freeze. We played Disney Music and danced until the music stopped then struck a pose. This was a great way to break the ice and get the kids ready to party. (We can't play this game without missing Grace and Mari.)
Next I told the story of The Frog Prince from my favorite book of fairy tales that I had as a kid. I meant to read Princess and the Pea but we had games for both so it worked out.
We played Pin the Kiss on the Frog but the girls got to put on lipstick and really give it a smooch. I had a fly for our little cowboy to pin.
I can't believe I found this perfect mask at Michael's for a buck. If I had actually been looking for one I never would have found it.
After telling The Princess and the Pea, we played a game where we had one child leave the room while we hid our "pea" under one of the pillows. Then, the child had to come back and try to find the pea by sitting on the pillows. Then we could tell if they were "a real prince or princess." Whad'a ya' know they all were!
Then we played Pass the Glass Slipper (with R's church shoe.) The shoe gets passed until the music stops, then, whoever has the shoe gets a prize.
Snow White's Poisoned Apple was similar. The apple is passed until the music stops then the child holding the apple "takes a bite" (we used a toy apple) and falls asleep until they are awoken with a Hershey's Kiss or gummy lips. The kids really got into this one.
We also played Who has the Crown Jewels. Just like Button, Button, Who's got the Button but with a little fake jewel.
I love the way L shuts her eyes.
Last, we had a treasure hunt. (Always my favorite party game when I was a kid.)
L sure enjoyed her spoils. I know now that candy prizes are not the best idea right before refreshments/ lunch is served.
The kids just loved opening presents. I almost didn't do this at the party. (For my own dumb reasons) I am so glad we did, what was I thinking? I tried to throw together a throne for R at the last minute. A fun throne would be another cute idea for a princess party. (If I ever do another one-- I am planning to save the castle in the garage, just in case.)
After everyone went home I took some pics of the girls in their spiffy getups.
R's Rapunzel dress was a gift from Aunt Janet and Adelle. It was the perfect gift. She wears it constantly.
I just love this girl's attitude!
All the accessories are from our costume box, collected over time.
Little L, the angriest girl in all the land.
4 comments:
You are amazing-- once again. What an amazing party. R is a perfect princess, and I'm so happy she had a perfect birthday. L looks so much like a brunette version of Anna it's crazy. I can't wait to get them together again. Love these girls-- and their mama. And dada, of course. Miss you guys so much!
You are amazing-- once again. What an amazing party. R is a perfect princess, and I'm so happy she had a perfect birthday. L looks so much like a brunette version of Anna it's crazy. I can't wait to get them together again. Love these girls-- and their mama. And dada, of course. Miss you guys so much!
Wow!! What fun and what marvelous creativity (and excessive impressive energy) went into this memorable party. So glad you took mucho pics.
Wow!! What fun and what marvelous creativity (and excessive impressive energy) went into this memorable party. So glad you took mucho pics.
Post a Comment