I am utterly in love with this cupboard silkscreen- Geanius!
I love almost everything about this living room! The lamp is the only thing a bit over my head. Otherwise, it is a study in Kit covet.
This little clutch would be perfect holding my essentials (wallet, phone, etc) to throw in the diaper bag. I think I will attempt a doppleganger for one of my next projects. I may even have some worthy trim. -thanks mom
I even had a tough time choosing which pendant pic to post. I also loved the antlers and birds. But I swear I dreamed up this double sided, beveled glass locket a couple of years ago and now someone actually made it happen
The Swedish kids clothes link is also not to be missed, even if I can't even conceive of someone who would spend $34 on a kid's t-shirt!
As I was checking out the online beauties, I found myself repeating my mom's theme, "I could make that" then remembering my part "but would you?" Then I remembered these guys; a couple of years ago I disovered great leather animal bookends on line for about $100. I actually got the poly-suede, took it to magic mom, and we cooked these up together. I think they are even cuter than the originals. So I can "make that," if I just make time- and enlist mom.
Now for a "right on, me". I loved this kitchen and the cool serving dish. Well, guess what, I have it! I thrifted one last year and here it is on my much less chic shelf.
Actually, things really aren't so bad as all that. In the moments I have been able to drag myself away from the compy today, my design eyes have been opened to some of the really beautiful and covet worthy things around my own abode. As fun as it is to daydream about something I would like to have it really is infinitely more satisfying to appreciate and feel grateful for things I do have, especially if they are gifts from loved ones, something I got a good deal on, or something I made or designed myself.
When I took a break to go downstairs and do the laundry, I noticed how darling and Nordic looking my slippers are. They were a christmas gift from Basil last year and I LOVE them. I wear them indoors and out all winter. I had always wanted a really wonderful pair of pee shoes- my grampa called them that because you put them on to go to the outhouse.
This is one of my latest thrift scores. It is a kid-sized sleeping bag I got for Rhodie when Mel and I went hunting last week. It is bright and beautiful and reminds me of sleeping in the bus at my grammy's house.
Now for a "right on, me". I loved this kitchen and the cool serving dish. Well, guess what, I have it! I thrifted one last year and here it is on my much less chic shelf.
2 comments:
sERIOUSLY you have a way with words, and OH my what style! You are a design genius and I am so fully thrilled that I can get a peak in your brain. Thank you for sharing these treasures you have discovered.
Yes, our thrifting day was quite a success. I'm so glad you posted that fabulous sleeping bag. It reminded me that in my teenage years I thrifted a darling suitcase in that style and an umbrella with the pointy top to match. Too bad they are long gone in the shuffle, but ever to be treasured in memory.
Basil- hint
http://www.kathylo.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=31&c=2&product=Double+Sided+Love+Locket+-+Do+it+Yourself%21
ps longest chain
love you
Post a Comment