We stopped and went for a walk in one of the big parks out there which was just what I needed. It has been so long since I have been out in nature, or gotten any exercise and it really cleared out the winter cobwebs. We walked for about four miles, at which point my loosening joints just got too wobbly. (Pregnancy is so exciting.)
We got home about dinner time, but decided to enjoy a long nap first. I had wanted to do something to commemorate this being my last birthday before we have kids and I figured sleeping and eating whenever we want is about as kid-free as it gets. We got up late and had our dinner as a midnight snack. We had homemade sushi (without the raw) which we only do once a year for my birthday. It is so fun and delicious. Basil is becoming quite a chef! I am, as always, an extremely skilled consumer.

I also got some seriously sweet loot this year. I asked that everything just be a surprise and I am so glad I did. Basil ordered from REI and I got a backpacking stove and pan, a snack bag and a maglight. There was also a rugged little thermos for Rhodie. I am such a lucky girl!
5 comments:
I thought of you on Saturday (you share a birthday with my sister), but didn't get a chance to call. I hope you had a great day! Looks like it was a lot of fun!
hey kristen, this is janet. I had no idea that you guys had this web page. Mom showed it to me today and we went through each event to catch me up. Ii didn't read the story first on the sushi pic and I thought that was a wierd lookin cake. But now that Know sweet Basil made sushi for you its the best cake ever. I always say this but you guys are so in love and i hope to one day find love like that. I love you guys both very much and i am more and more excited every day for my niece to come. Adele says "eeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiii" then does a rasberry which means she loves and misses you both. Love Janet and Adele
hey you two cuties and a rhowy or rhoey (not roy) or rhoy. Spelling will make it clearer how to pronounce it. Not like the boy name roy but the girl nickname Rhoey. K? Mom
Hey, good job to Basil on treating your right! I am glad it was a good birthday. I was thinking about you, too, but didn't call. We are here in Nampa this weekend celebrating my mom's, Harry's, and Ella's February birthdays-- we will be singing for you, too!
yes, that was me. /sheepish grin
Post a Comment