Sunday, September 7, 2008
The Best Things In The World
The FWN Family Reunion! Family arriving. Hugs. Cousins. Chilly evenings.
Camping for the first time. Camping for the nth time. Cold face, warm sleeping bag. Sleeping under the trees and the milky way, which looks closer than ever before.
The farmhouse. The new siding and roof! Hairy men. Grammy.
Flying in loving hands. The dappled shade made by quakies.
Rachel. Daddies and Gramps. The school bus.
Chubby legs. Breakfast.
Buddies. Nephews. Playing at the farm. Imagination.
Mom. Mom's stories.
Kin. Squishing together with people you love. Sego lilies in your hair.
Gammies. Cousins. Laps.
Idaho skies. Trailor rides. Bumpy farm roads. Girls and Gabe.
Cool kids. Various horsemen. Bruce's truck
Wildflower hill. The smell of sagebrush.
The property line we so want to protect. Cha cha aunts.
Sunshine. Snuggles. Big blue eyes.
Hills "as steep as a horse's face". Our canyon. Aspen.
Nieces. Sweet faces. Love.
Snuggling Grammy. Her soft cheek on your head.
Farm Food. Curious Will.
Best friends. Being together.
Long talks. Sunny days. Sisters.
Em 'n' Will. Smiles.
Green Canyon Hot Springs. Family soup. Splashy toddlers.
Ruffles on your swimsuit. Fuzz head (on her).
Double Wills. Playful boys.
Floating. Warm water.
Contented post-swim sleepiness.
Gammy. Baby toes. Afternoon shade.
Lilly's best friend. Muggum face.
Bros.
Wildflowers. (Callie, who is 5, told me this summer that wildflowers are a myth. I'm so glad that isn't true)
Our talent show. Family that loves each other enough to participate and to still love each other after they do.
Keeping warm with baby. Wearing Basil's favorite jacket from high school, so cozy.
A great big family
Campfire evenings with these people.
Scooching together as it gets cold. Peeking out from warm loving arms.
Campfire evenings. Smores. Goofy kids.
Unconditional love.
Guitar sing-a-longs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Running. Playing. Chasing. Climbing. Swinging. Sliding.
2 comments:
Beautiful, both pictures and commentary, which reads like poetry in the tradition of William Carlos Williams or haikus. Kristen, you never cease to amaze me. I thought you were the visual artist and I had the corner on words. You were just pretending. (Well, I'm still better at long sentences and essays, right? And I'm still no artist in any visual area--except the new pathways in the backyard maybe.)
Dawn is right. That was so beautiful. You are amazing. I want to print it all out and hang it on the wall. And you got so many good pictures. I'll have to see if I can copy them.
Post a Comment