Sunday, September 7, 2008

More summer fun: Art buffs

Yay, the Cleveland Museum of Art is finally partially open after years of renovations. We love, love to walk down and marvel at the incredible works displayed there. Here is Basil contemplating Rodin's The Thinker. I really wish this had turned out better but it was my favorite so I am posting it anyway. Elizabeth Shewell West and Her Son, Raphael, by Benjamin West. The artist was a huge fan of Raphael so he recreated one of Raphael’s paintings of Mary and Christ using his wife and son.Here are some other favorites from the American artist’s exhibit.

2 comments:

Melody said...

Oh I love Turner, and I love the mom and baby shot. How perfect that you are in a green shirt. You planned that didn't you!! I would love to come visit soon and see the museum while we are there. Any chance??

Dawn said...

Hey, I'm impressed that Melody knew it was a Turner. (The landscape, right?) I like the laundry myself. Takes me back. That's not Turner's wife leaning out that window, is it?

Let's do plan a trip to the museum while we are out there.